Thursday, February 7, 2008

My teenage acne skin at 30


I have been trying to slowly switch ALL our cosmetics and household products to more organic, paraben free, non-toxic kind of things-but, the one thing I was holding onto was my acne care. I have done it all from Benzoyl Peroxide, Salic Acid, Rentin-A, and even Accutane. Though I am not pimply anymore I guess they are still hiding under my maticulous care and product usage. I have been on the Proactiv bandwagon for years-using the cheaper version Acne Free from Target (how many brand names can I drop in one sentence?) Anyway I tryed to go organic with a very pricey product line from Juice Beauty and let me just say-zit city. It may work for some-but not my persistent acne! I had so many chin zits I wouldn't even dare put a picture here. I didn't leave without makeup, I hated leaving the house at all, and my lovely husband who usually overlooks such details as a few blemished nicely said my new products weren't really working. So, I found this Nature's Gate line that is an organic copy of Proactive with cleanser, toner and lotion. SO AWESOME and it was only $25 at my CVS next to TJs! If you are looking to switch I have tested it for you. It works and I love it. So does my chin.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

oh man do I feel ya on this subject,I have a ridiculous amount of extra zits, but it is because of a special gift dan says!
I was using a bar soap from Kiss my face and now I am using a clinique acne line, only been using it for a few days and no change yet, it sucks when you spend so much money and it might not work! I am crossing my fingers because it is so fun to meet new people when I look like I have the skin of a Jr. higher!