Monday, August 4, 2008

Boating with Dad


We went boating down San Diego way with my Dad today. He has owned his boat for almost two years and this is the first I have been on it! With babies and the drive to Chula Vista is has been a chore to get there. But is was a wonderful day once it came.
Though Gwyn hatted the drive there and really hated the lifejacket we had some wonderful moments. We swam in the ocean (Adam said I would be the cool mom who jumped in when I compained about the freezing water and that it would mess my hair-I had a homeschool mom meeting afterward really), sunned on the front deck (Gwyn was annoyed that she could not roam free), had a picnic lunch and cruised the harbor with the sea breeze in our hair (or knotting your hair-take your pick).
It was nice to spend time with my dad in his element-I miss him.
Plus, my baby brother (almost 21 so not so baby anymore) came down to boot. He and my dad are peas in a pod (in a good way), so it made for a fun day.
My favorite moment was when my baby fell asleep sitting up against me and my normally wiggly five year old snuggled in for a 10 minute cuddle while we cruised the harbor. The boys were distracted with driving the big toy-I mean boat. The wind was wipping. The sea mist off the back was misting my face. The engine was roaring so I didn't have to talk to anyone. It was such a peaceful mommy moment. All I had to do was hold them close and kiss my girls heads.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

so glad you are blogging again, I've missed you, and hearing updates on the family! love ya