Saturday, August 2, 2008

My friends the Foors


This is an old picture because I have not blogged for months, but I figure I will catch you all up. We try to see the Foors at least once or twice a month and our families love each other. We just mesh. Have you ever met a match like that? The husbands have been best friends for years. The wives became best friends when they were married in and the kids just get along (or not) like siblings. We parent in similar fashions. We have like childhood experiences. We both work in ministry and understand those pressures. We both love music and the arts. We have like values for marriage, finances, feminity, masculinity, everything. We just click. I feel so relaxed in their presence. We can vacation with them and feel refreshed. I can talk to Aaron and Adam can talk to Em. I have that feeling of being home when I am with them. They are truly our garden friends and I cherish days like this one when our busy lives and schedules come together for a day of fun at Disneyland or some other activity. We recently got to see them twice in one week and I pined for the days when we were all in Riverside together. I am glad they are only and hour and half away, but I wish they were closer. I am so thankful God has provided such friendships for me to lean on. Words just can't express. (too bad they don't read blogs-this got kinda sappy!)

1 comment:

MamaSue said...

Bethany was at Saddleback's Jr Hi summer camp, and saw Aaron. She said it made her feel like God's in His heaven and all's right with the world.

That's how he makes me feel, too.