Saturday, August 16, 2008

SOOO much to do...


So I work for this school and we start attendance days on Tuesday the 19th. My daughter starts schooling at home for K through them that day as well. I have spend 4 of the last eight workdays (I work 4 days a week from home usually) in meetings away from home. And I still have SO MUCH TO DO for my first meetings with my families on Thursday and Friday next week. I know it will even out...but man, if only I could just be mommy right now. I know I like (and need) the money. I know I don't want to be dirt poor. I know I paid all that money for a credential that we are still paying off. I know I want to do this so we can stay in ministry and my husband can be the Pastor he his extremely called to be. I know I kinda secretly like having some adult thoughts to think and a career to develop. But, I look at my cute, precious kids and just wish I were playing games on the floor and creating this euphoric childhood of memories. I wish my house were cleaner and I was doing chores instead of work during nap. I wish it were less hectic. I hope I am making the right choices. I hope their memories of me are not of stress, but of love. Don't we all hope that? I mean look at them. Who would ever want to stare at an email computer screen rather than these two?

(Don't you love their matching shoes? Gwyn is so excited when she is like Aggie-and she LOVES shoes right now. That's my girl!)

2 comments:

Hilaree said...

I love this picture of your daughters - the perspective is great. I wanted to say that I think it is SO important for daughters to see their mothers as capable, happy, confident, and following their own interests. This then gives them permission to follow their own passions and be powerful women! Be who God made you to be - your daughters will only be blessed by it! Daughters need Mommies who are excited about their own lives and their childrens' lives, not martyrs who always wish they'd gotten that degree or whatever. (And, by the way, I'm starting to crave the "developing a career" path as well. It's a good thing.)

Hanssie said...

Ditto, missy. Hopefully, things have calmed down a bit for you. Thankfully, they have for me. It's hard juggling it all, but it's worth it on those other days when there are no emails, phone calls or orders!