Monday, August 4, 2008

VBS fun with the Spiers

We attended a VBS at a different church than our own this week and had a wonderful time (not that our week at the Grove wasn't fabulous). Aggie was able to sing in their church service with the VBS kids and (my little performer) was so excited. We had fun at the service and BBQ. Though I must say it was strange attending such a traditional methodist church after my years in a non-denominational. They were so loving and open, but the robes and readings and hyms and kneeling at the front for communion were a wierd flashback to my presperterian childhood. Aggie didn't know what to do with it all and actually climbed over a pew during the closing hymn!Other than some great preschool friends that Agatha was able to reconnect with we hung with this lovely family. (though the younges Matthew is not pictured)

They are homeschool friends and just wonderful to be with. Despite age differences we always have a enjoyable time when they are around.

And I think I have found my nanny to play with Gwyn while I work. She doesn't warm up to anyone like she does Emma.

No comments: