Thursday, November 15, 2007

My first 5K


I did it! I ran my first 5K in the annual Mission Inn Run. I ran with Adrianne Ashley who has run a marathon-but she stuck with me! I finished in 34:25 which is 3 minutes faster than I have ever run that distance before. I am so glad I did it, now I just have to keep it up to get rid of my last 18 pounds of pregnancy gain!

My amazing daughter ran the Kids 1/2 K without stopping! She was so cute running out there on her own. Gwyn and I cheered from the finish line and Gammy started her off. She was so proud of herself which is so great to see beaming from your child's face.

We are all, Adam included, going to run the Fairmount Park Raincross Run on Saturday, Feb 23. Come cheer us on! Adam and I will do the 5K and Aggie the 1K!

1 comment:

Krista Debrick said...

CONGRATS!! I heard about your success....and Aggies too. Now we have matching T-shirts. =)