Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Mother's Journey


My lovely mother has left for a 6 week trip. She is going to see family and spend time healing and listening to God. I am so proud of her for taking this period of unexpected freedom to deal with a difficult life change. She could have just moved on, gotten a place to live, stayed with the same unhappy job, tried to make the best of it. But, she didn't. She stepped out in fear and faith at the same time. She packed everything up in storage, she quit her job and she went. I am amazed at her strength and trust. I know she feels so unsure of where the ground is and where she will land, but taking this time to find it will make it all the more solid. These are cupcakes we made for her on her FREE DAY as we named it. She is free to find who God truly wants her to be. I know she won't find all that purpose on a trip, that takes a lifetime of searching...but I am glad she is brave enough to really start the journey.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I miss her already. Give her a big hug for me.

Leslie said...

What a very brave woman. I admire her.