Friday, March 21, 2008

An Olympic Sport: Clothes Shopping with kids

I never go shopping anymore. I know my body and the stores/brands that fit-so I just order online. Who wants to try on clothes with two kids crawling on you? And my alone time or date time is so limited I don't want to spend it trying on clothes in unflattering lights worrying about whether these purchases are worth spending the limited funds we have for free spending. With that, I ordered my Easter dress online (I love a new spring dress-it's a tradition) and it is back-ordered until April 28th-which I found out today! SO, I dosed my teething/fever child with Tylenol and bribed my four year old with dinner at a fast food establishment and went shopping to one store within 5 minutes of my house. And there it was-A femine white and pink ensemble-shining like a beacon-AAAHHH! (choir with organ) I wanted to try it on because it is a junior's store (reference Annie) so we went in the dressing room. I set up the blanket with toys in front of the mirror and set to stripping. It looked cute and my four year old approved-at the top of her lungs. She was singing SOOO loud and I kept having to stop her from jumping or yelling or...acting like we were on a playground. Then while I am half dressed Gwyn crawled under the door and across the isle so fast I couldn't grab her. By the time I covered my boobs and got out she was gone! I got down on my knees and scanned...she was in another stall with another woman who was changing!!!! I knocked and the woman looked down...turned Gwyn around... and she crawled out. Good times. Then as we were checking out she started fever screaming cause she wanted the sparkly choking hazards at the register and just didn't understand why she didn't feel good. Agatha was complaining that this was just a Mommy store and where where all the clothes for her and why couldn't she get something sparkly and fancy and couldn't I just watcher do her ballet skip and...Whew-It is an Olympic sport! We did catch an Easter bunny on the way out and I had to pay for this moment cause I left home without my camera (shame on me). Gwyn was pointing and bouncing in the sling, she was so excited. She sat right down and poked and giggled at the big bunny. I think she wanted to take him home. Agatha, of course informed him that she knew he was just a person in a costume and that the REAL reason for Easter was that Jesus died on the cross and then rose from the dead and went to heaven so we could. I swear-she laid it all down-informing him that eggs and bunnies and chicks were just symbols for new life-like Spring and Jesus' new life and our new life in heaven! He just gave her a thumbs up.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I just did the same thing with the kids, but went to 2 stores, which was 2 too many! Happy Easter! love ya

Melissa said...

I went with my kids a few weeks ago and my 2 year old heard a noise and kept asking me over and over...did you fart mommy? Did you poop mommy? Over and over! In that loud "outdoor" voice! Gotta love it!