Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St Pat's at the McIntyre's


We had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day with yummy Irish food (Adam made bangers and mash Sunday and I had a Ruben-cornbeef and cabbage-sandwich at Kilarney's on Monday) and lots of homeschooling about the story of St. Patrick (Agatha wrote a wonderful 3 sentence story about how he loved GOD, told people about God's love and used the shamrock to tell about God's 3 parts-I was impressed!). She finally can spell her last name on her own too-fitting with the holiday (McIntyre...Irish...just in case you didn't follow my rabbit trail). We spent the evening with the Reid family eating almost all green food, 4pt. (wieght watchers reference) cupcakes and letting the girls play. It was lovely. I am ordering Adam a kilt with the McIntyre tartan and next year he can wear it-that would make it REALLY lovely! :)

We had some homeschool friends over for graphing Lucky Charms marshmellos and it was great to see Agatha work in a group setting instead of just with me.
And went to Killarneys to see these awesome Irish dancers. Aggie of course wants to be one. I thought about it cause of the heritage point, but they announced that the costumes cost 300-5000 bucks! Shot that one down. I thought of Annie as I watched and hoped she danced a jig this holiday. We are going to see the Osbornes and Risingers next week! Ahhh...vacation. If Adam and I can just get there with all we have to do before Easter!

2 comments:

Annie said...

The little dancers look so cute and bring back sweet memories! I was actually asked to maybe do a little jig here and there with a local Irish band here in Santa Cruz when they play, but I think my dancing days are now reserved for the living room dances the kids and I have.
Will Adam be wearing his kilt as the Scots do sans underwear?

TheEpicBeat said...

You know it.