Saturday, January 19, 2008

Family update...life keeps of rolling by

I have been caught up with life and work, so here is a family update for all the fam out there...

Gwyn is eating fingerfood now...she never wants our help anymore. She crawls all over the house and is the cutest thing ever. We have even left her with my Mom at our house for a couple two hour dates. It is amazing how fast you can get in and out of the car with no baby!

We started homeschooling after the holiday break and whenever we do piano Gwyn crawls under the bench and puts her head against the piano...another musician on our hands? She loves rhythm.

We had dinner at Taco Station with Mark, Angie and Nolan Lamberth. It was so nice to catch up with such sincere friends. And only Nolan could entice Agatha into a cowgirl dress up instead of a princess-but it is still pink!

We went to the snow in Running Springs with the Foors. I love Emily. No one else would pay admission with me just to be a part of the fun when really we each went down the slope only 3 times and spent the rest of the time nursing, rocking and appeasing our infants who where not excited about the cold, wet snow that reflected bright light in their eyes. Ahhh, infancy!

Aggie had a blast riding with Haley and Noah. I miss the five families-with out of town moves and starting school our old tradition of Snow Day has been reduced to two instead of five.

Adam taking his turn with Gwyn so I could hit the slopes. We took her down twice. She was not impressed.

I threw Holly Rodrigo a baby shower. She is due on Feb 22 and looks amazing. She has gained the perfect amount-of course- and is glowing. We "went green" and played games like "change the cloth diaper" and "think of 10 ways to go green with baby". We even ate off our compostable "paper" products made from corn and sugar cane. It was fun and I got to catch up with old friends like Keri Quesada who came with her 3 week old baby and wore zip up jeans...at three weeks. Can we say WEIGHT LOSS ENVY?

We had dinner with the Reids...who we love and whose daughters are clones of ours. Can you even find Aggie in this picture? Bryan and Cristi are so laid back-the girls made a sleeping bag clubhouse in their master bedroom walk in closet all night. I love them!

Aggie had her ballet/tap/gymnastics show day at The Little Gym. She is doing so well. But, more than anything I noticed her empathy. She was so concerned about any kids who got hurt or were too shy and ran to their parents. So much so that when I caught her eye I had to redirect her to do the steps again. I love how much she cares.

Katie and Hannah came with a flower for Aggie. They made her day. She adores the Boone girls, so do I. Thanks Stacey. We got you on email, when is the blog coming?

Lots of friends and family playdates and visits in the last couple weeks. I got my hair cut...I had work meetings on my own (Adam took Gwyn)...the garage still has no door or window...the christmas lights are down this year (thanks Scott Ellis)...I finished the old set of Learning Records and now have another set to write...life keeps on rolling by...

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

miss you and all the daily life things, sounds like you are busy and doing great. love ya