Monday, January 28, 2008

What to do in the rain...


We in Riverside quickly run out of ideas for rainy day activities because we usually have only three or so (not really, but close). We have been trying to get to Disneyland for a week and it keeps raining, so for our Monday Family Day (or Sabbath) we went to the mostly indoor Santa Ana Discovery Science Center today. It was Awesome! I have been, but not for years and not with my family. It was "homeschool days" so the place was crawing with big families and baby carriers. We explored the great exhibits for about 6 hours and learned about gravity, fossils, geodes, hurricanes, clouds, waves, earthquakes, tooth care, green screens (we found a green chair and green legos that made our heads disapear on the TV screen-it was cool), air pressure and pulleys. Aggie and Adam layed on a bed of nails, Gwyn let a beach ball go on a air balance and she even crawled through a tunnel for the first time. It was a wonderful day! We became members so if you want to visit in the next year, give us a call. I love it when we have to get creative with the outings-we always find new, fun things. And my favorite is when Adam says, "Thanks Mom for bringing us here." I feel loved and appreciated. Homeschooling can be so fun-I am so glad that is what my kid does on a school day...

2 comments:

TheEpicBeat said...

I tried being a big-boy about it while we were there, but seriously man, the bed of nails thing hurts! I know that scientifically your weight is supposed to be distributed and it's not supposed to hurt, but you know what it feels like? Like you are laying on a bed of freaking nails.

Look at my back tomorrow. I look like a pegboard.

Christina Ellis said...

I've always wanted to go there! If it's anything like the one in San Diego it must be awesome!