Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Avoidance and Procrastination

Do you ever avoid doing responsible things? Sure you do. Everyone does. I am doing it. I have to write Learning Records for the State about what my students have done over the last month. They each take about 45 min. and I have 6, count them 6 to write before bed tonight. It is 9:50, my kids are fast asleep and we are sitting on the couch with laptops. But, what am I doing? Blog surfing. I really avoid these Learning Records like the plague. I'm pretty responsible usually, but these just kill me. Why do I do that? Why do we do that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be that sometimes we do our best work under pressure? Just a thought. I miss you too...sorry to here about the D in your family. Hope your mom has a good time off to herself. Loved the zoo pictures.

k said...

i'm doing it right now. blog surfing is so much more fun than, well, most anything!

Krista Debrick said...

Yup, pretty much every time I'm blogging I should be doing something else. But shhh, don't tell. ;)

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

yeah, I'm at work right now, in my office, reading blogs

Keersten said...

I love your site! You are a woman after my own heart. As I am also procrastinating with a little blog surfing, I guess it is a pretty common phenomena. I think sometimes we have to escape being grown up and do what we want to. As my 3 year-old told me the other day: "I just need to do what I want to!"