Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I love playing dress up!


We visited the Children's Discovery Museum of the Desert today. It was awesome-I highly, highly recommend it if you have kids under 10ish and can make the drive. (I wish we had something like this in Riverside-maybe Adam and I should start it?) They have crafty arts, painting a VW bug, blocks, magnets, still camera movies to make (Adam loved), optical illusions, right brain/left brain (I rocked at isolating my right brain-apparently the hardest exhibit in the museum to do), weaving a loom, and a baby area to name a few things. It also has tons of imaginative play stuff from archaeologist, to veterinarian, to pizza chef, to grocery shopping, to dress up!!! Aggie and I loved this! Most of our dress up at home is in a size child 4/6 but everything here was thrift shop finds and in my size. Oh, fun. I recruited kids and dressed them up, found stuff for Aggie and had to put a few things on myself. I was the only mom-or adult for that matter, but I don't care. It was so fun to put on those awful prom dresses from my youth (what were we thinking with those sleeves?) and be sassy in fur coats. I love dress up!

2 comments:

lauren anderson said...

That sounds like so much fun! Hope you guys had a great vacation!

Penny Lane said...

I love dress up! That looks like so much fun! Hope you guys enjoyed your vacation!