Monday, October 29, 2007

Our get away to the Desert

We just got back from the desert-Indian Wells. We were there for 7 days of vacation-7 days! My wonderful grandpa let us use his timeshare points so we could stay at a price we could afford-FREE!

We spent most of our time by the pool, at the hotel playground, on the hotel mini golf putting green, playing shuffleboard, having BBQs by the pool. Sounds nice, ey? It wasn't all cream puffs though. Gwynie is a homebody. She did not sleep much in the hotel and we were up a lot (a lot) rocking, nursing and walking. Oh, well-Adam gave me some wonderful moments to read and relax. And we had wonderful experiences with the girls.


We went to the Children's Discovery Museum of the Desert and did wonderful exhibits including a imaginary pizza kitchen and grocery store. They had a wonderful art center with supplies and an area were Aggie got to paint a VW beetle. We had a picnic lunch and saw a real roadrunner roaming around.



We visited a beautiful butterfly house at the Living Desert where a butterfly landed on Aggie's leg, Adam held a butterfly and Gwynie tracked them and tried to grab them. It was magical with butterflies all over the atrium.

We also saw and learned about crowned cranes, zebras, meerkats, camels, and fed giraffes. They have very long tongues!


Our grand finale was a BBQ on the patio with my sister, Aunt Megan and her boyfriend Bly. It was so special to see her and Bly was a great guy. I hope we get more time with him and Megan is always precious. I am so glad she sought me out so many years ago. Without her I wouldn't know a whole side of my family, life and heritage. It was a great week. But, it is nice to be home too. I love the familiarity of my space-but hate the responsibility: bills, CLAD college courses, learning records, work, cleaning, obligations, family problems, yard work....you know the drill.

No comments: