Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My little Musician


I have always wished I were more musical. I played the piano and the clarinet for a while in grade school and took 3 years of voice in college-so I can read music and carry a tune. I guess that is musical by some standards. I practice guitar occasionally and have taken lessons. I want to be able to play a strong rhythm part on acoustic so I could play along with a band or accompany myself singing simple folky songs. But I think that is as high as I should aim at this point. I am more the visual artist. But, I have always been related to and attracted to real musicians. I dated quite a few and married an awesome one. He has to bring some sort of guitar on vacation or he can't really relax (on this one he has a ukulele for by the pool, keyboard and full size electric to lay down tracks on his laptop) The people that surround me in life often have musical lives. I have a dad and sisters who all exude musical skill and talent. And now my little girl is blossoming into quite a musician. She has taken piano for almost a year now and loves to create her own music, play little melodies and is beginning to read music. She started violin at the end of the summer and even though it is a challenge she is getting things I don't even understand. This morning Adam was playing the guitar and Aggie just started singing free melodies along with his chords. She is always on key and follows him as much as he follows her. They can just create music. She sings all day (I mean ALL DAY). And if I can think of a cute little song in homeschooling she learns whatever we are doing so much quicker. She knows so many melodies and can recognize them anywhere. I am in awe. She wants to be a rock star and I know she can-just remember to send a shout out to your old mom and sing me You are My Sunshine.

No comments: