Thursday, October 11, 2007

Natural Pest Control


I do not generally like bugs-unless they are girly and harmless like butterflies, ladybugs and um I think that is it. Adam classifies my fear of bees as irrational, I may give him that. But, I also have a completely (in my opinion) rational fear of cockroaches/spiders and an annoyance of ants. Anyway, we have always paid for a Pest Control Service because if it. When we had kids I started to worry about the fact that the back of the bill lists poison control numbers and a disclaimer that we understood that they were spraying poison. Then when my bug guy got annoyed that I started composting a few years ago my concern grew. You're just attracting them, he would say. I started thinking that it was rather silly that I paid more and went out of my way to buy organic groceries, and then ate my own home grown fruits and veggies that had pest defense junk on them. But, finally the last straw was that I reduced my workload and thusly my paycheck. We were simplifying and the pest control is one thing that went. (Funny that the financial is what finally made me go green here.) As I was hanging the clothes on the line today I saw some ants and quite a few spiders. I started thinking, maybe I should get around to researching those natural pest defense ideas I know I could find on the Internet (My daughter has started saying-Yeah, I know that because I read it on the Internet...her source of information is so different than mine at four). This is what I found. EathEasy.com. Awesome site, awesome ideas. Gotta get to work on it though-if I see a roach in my house I will freak out...Wish me luck.

1 comment:

MamaSue said...

You said, "Funny that the financial is what finally made me go green here." Totally valid, Girl; cash is green.