Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Missing art


I miss creating art. I am a printmaker of mostly Monotype prints, but have worked in watercolor and acrylic over the years. I have my very own press and inks that I have tried in the past to set up in the corner of my small home, but with kids and various guests it has always been a challenge to keep it up. Plus, right now it is near impossible to get make-up on and keep up on laundry and vacuuming with my infant, four year old and part time job. So, I haven't worked since I was pregnant 6 or so months ago. This is a piece I displayed at the Riverside Art Museum, where I am member. I love being involved in art and the art community, but I am so out of it right now. I recently went to a LA Printmaker's Society and Jesus Cruz prints opening at RAM with the fam and popped into a Monotype seminar put on by my mentor Ron Pokrasso (that I would have attended had I not been in infancy confinement). I can feel myself getting anxious to work again. I know the time is coming, my little girl is only getting older and my soon-to-be-finished garage/art studio will be here (I hope) this Fall/Winter, but I miss art. I miss creating. I miss being in those moments of expression. Especially after the day I had yesterday!

1 comment:

Mamadebrick said...

You art available time is coming more quickly that you realize. It is really happening now in the way you form your world. You reality is an expression of your art within. And it is BEAUTIFUL!