Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Friends to miss


This is Sofia Lance and my little girl Gwyneth. Gwynie is just learning to sit up and thinks Sofia is so cool. She reaches out to her and I know wants to be like her already (Sofia is 5 months the senior). Zeke (their four year old) is the apple of my four year old's eye. She is quite the princess and he loves trucks, but they play together so nicely when it is just the two of them. She already has him picked out as her prince and plans to marry him after they date when they are older (at my request :) But they are going to Redding in January. I know we will see them because they are a part of a group of garden friends that get together every year and they also have family in town that will draw them back occasionally. But still I am sad. I love their mommy. My husband and their daddy have quite a history and friendship. Our hearts will yearn for their presence. I cry whenever I think of the fact that they won't grow up together like I thought they would. And now I am faced with the prospect of telling this news to my very aware four year old. Yucky. But at least a friend pointed out that maybe now they can get married instead of growing up like brother and sister... :)