Friday, September 14, 2007

Kid Music that Soothes My Soul




This is music for the soul. My quest in children's music is to find stuff that my kids enjoy and stuff that doesn't drive me crazy with low musical quality all rolled into one. I can't handle kid's choirs with echoey reverb and synthesizers-sorry kids. This is the find of my quest. I listen to it even without Aggie in the car. Elizabeth Mitchell is a folky alto who uses guitar, piano and funky percussion combine into tracks that just soothe as you ride along. We all (even my music connoisseur husband) sing with the wholesome, fun and quirky songs and somehow come out more peaceful on the other side. Elizabeth Mitchell is my new favorite. She has other three CDs: You Are My Sunshine, You are my Little Bird, You are my Flower and a CD/book Catch the Moon-all just as good.

A few of my other recommendations are For the Kids, For the Kids Too!, Here Come the ABCs, and Late Last Night.

No comments: