Thursday, September 13, 2007

Showering in the Dark

My baby girl Gwynie is a very alert little girl...so she wakes at the slightest sound. Babies need their sleep so we have created her womb room-she sleeps in the master bathroom (the quietest room) with white noise playing while she rocks in a travel baby swing (to combat the GERD). Now, I shower at night so I don't have to blow dry my hair (because who has time for that?)--so since she has moved in I have been showering in the dark. As I was shaving my legs by feel tonight I started pondering...showering in the dark is kinda like my Faith. I always feel like I am stumbling around in the dark, but somehow come out the otherside cleaner. You have to have faith that your Faith is enough. I have to have faith that I can feel all the leg hairs and not miss a line. I guess it boils down to I love God, I want to be like Him, I want to love people unconditionally like Jesus taught us. The rest is in the dark sometime, but I always come out cleaner on the otherside...

2 comments:

MamaSue said...

Ah, yes. I remember. Sometimes it was extra dark because my eyes were closed. Was I sleeping? Can we sleep and shower at the same time? MOMS = Magnificent Overtime Multitasking Systems

Oh, and by the way, I will be singing "Whistling in the dark; whistling in the dark; whistling, whistling, whistling in the dark" all day now. I love that! Thanks!

Kathy-Ri said...

You are so right jess...what an awesome way to put the showering in the dark activity into a metaphor...you are so creatively blessed...i will forever think of this now as i, too, shower in the dark, not for baby reasons yet, but for calmness and clarity...