Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Girls


Ok, so this is not the most glamorus shot of all of us. We are still in PJs and camping with more kids than adults-but that is why I love these women. Aside from our diffent personalities, parenting choices or opinions we are there for each other through anything. Whatever life brings my way I always lean on these women. I would trust any of them to discipline my children and feel comfortable doing the same with theirs. The old saying goes...it takes a village to raise a child-these girls are my village. I value their opinion and love above all others. We have spent nights at hospitals together, supported through lengthy adoptions, been there when pregnacies would not come or were lost or came as a suprise, helped pack and move homes when ministries changed, celebrating the new year, camping with our growing families, and just spent hours talking and loving and supporting at playdates, lunches, dinners, on the phone, thorugh notes and gifts and tears and hugs and bible studies and life! We were originally drawn together because all our husbands became pastors and worked on staff at The Grove Community Church. We were the young pastor's wives. (I don't think we can claim that anymore:) We are now middle-not young or old!) But, that original bond of pastor's wives as faded as God has called some of us on to other things and now we are bonded for life. I would do anything for these women and I know they feel the same. We are best friends and I love their support. I love our camping trip every year with our familes-and we are talking of a Spring trip with just the girls. I long for these times with my girls. I hope you find some friends as wonderful as these to surround yourselves with-I couldn't get through life without them. I am glad I won't have too. They are precious treasures!

2 comments:

Art of the Ordinary said...

reading this made me cry, we are pretty lucky to have each other! p.s I love that you and I are wearing our slings without our babies in them! They are just part of our wardrobe! love ya

Kathy-Ri said...

It is so neat to see the bond between women...I know exactly how the feeling of always knowing you can depend on "the girls" feels...it is such a blessing, FRIENDSHIP!!!! This made me smile Jess :)