Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Some Kind of Professional

I had a harried meeting today! We forgot to give Gwyn her GERD meds until 4 hours late so she was uncomfortable, arching, whining, grunting and urping chunky loads of breastmilk all over me in a work meeting today. The meeting was at a bookstore and I had no table which today seemed annoying even though I usually don't. I had to wash my hair today, but had no time to blow dry so it was a frizzy mess. I had time only for mascara which I made sure I wore so as not to get the comments-Oh, you look so tired! I am still in my chubby clothes (because I am still chubby) and my shirt was too big and my pants too tight. Neither really matched my shoes. Her kids thought the burps and drool were yucky and a bit disgusted by it. I tried to conduct myself in as professional a manner as possible, but with all these variables I felt a mess. My job is great because I can bring my kids to some things, but today that seemed a mistake. I tried to be professional when presenting my information, and luckily the parent is a friend as well...but I couldn't listen to her kids read with mine yelling in all our ears and I just felt rushed. Oh, and Gwyn pooped half way through so I had to leave early to have time to change her before picking up my preschooler. Holy Moley-a millennium woman with so many hats. I don't feel like I wore any ONE of them well this morning.

3 comments:

Jessica (Probst) Eveland said...

I went to work with Luke for a year. 32 hours a week in my office. My favorite days were in the middle of a meetings, Luke would "super poop" and shoot poop up and over his shoulders.

PS so far we have not had a major blow-out with the gdiaper! Although yesterday when I took a poopie "g" off him, he grabbed it and flinged it poop side down on my leg.

Wow! I have typed poop a lot in this comment.

Annie said...

What a day girl, you've earned a bubble bath with some white noise playing softly in the background...

Mamadebrick said...

Whoa, hope today went soooo much better.