Friday, September 28, 2007

Our adventure in fairies



Agatha and I hosted a magical Fairy Tea today for some lovely girls. We studied Fairies all week by watching a fairy movie, reading fairy books, studying the art of Fairy Tea, dressing up, playing with paper dolls, and writing a story about what we have learned about Fairy Lore. It has been very fun for me because I love fairies and the break from princess everything has been nice. The tea was our culmination and was beautiful. Aggie posted about it so you can read her account. Funny thing though, I not much for this kind of thing (my girls know Santa is just a fun pretend that we play to remember the spirit of giving...) but while I was cleaning up this little ceramic figurine caught my eye. It was lying in my flower beds next to our tea table. The wings were broken off, so we repaired them. Aggie thinks the fairies flew over because our tea was so yummy, ate the crumbs, and this injured fairy stayed behind so we could help her. She thinks maybe the little fairy will come to life when we are sleeping. Maybe...:) She says fairies can see Jesus all the time. If that is the case, I really do want to be a fairy!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Very cute fairy and little girl too. Glad you rescued the lost little fairy and repaired her :).

We don't *do santa* either. It is good to see we aren't the only ones.

Mackenzie Ellis said...

Hey Jessica! It's Mackenzie. I got a blog so i can talk to lauren while she is away. That event sounded like it was an exciting day! Well, I really enjoy these blogs (especially Aggie's)!

Mamadebrick said...

Fairy's are truly special. Sounds like such a fun day.

k said...

so fun! my daughter would love a fairy party!